"this website is pure inspiration! my new page is
- richard makthon firstname.lastname@example.org salesmen , panorama city CA usa
"Is there any way that I could get David Butow's contact information so that I can inquire about a photograph?"
- Frank Papa email@example.com Entrepreneur , Chapel Hill, NC, US
"Hello: This was very eye opening about hollywood,I would love to ride down the boulevard on a saturday nite even at 51 years of age it would be nice. I will be going to bike week in daytonia in three weeks not much differnce than seeing hollywood its all the same the people that is I just stand back and watch and look,have a nice dat. Rick"
- ricky cantrell firstname.lastname@example.org electronics&electricty , wytheville, va.
"I came across your site this morning by way of L.A. Nocturne's site. When I looked at your Hollywood photos, I was really touched. I decided to add a link on my "Swingin' in L.A." page (http://www.tuxjunction.net/ladance.htm) to alert visitors to my site who might be visiting L.A. that it is not all glamour and what they see on T.V. Your photos really give a good look at Hollywood today. When friends from Chicago visited me last month, the first thing they wanted to see was Hollywood. They were astonished! Your photos would have saved us a trip. I didn't want to discourage them, so I just let Hollywood speak for itself.
Thanks for posting your photos on the web!
- George Spink email@example.com Writer , Los Angeles
"i have a page for hollywood whit a lot of pictures http://www.hollywood-blvd.bigstep.com is personal page so enjoy!"
- richard makthon firstname.lastname@example.org amateeur photographer , canoga park, CA USA
"I liked the site very, very much. Thanks!!!"
- matt weber email@example.com photographer , ny,ny
i just stumbled across your name in a "photography in NY" book from the fall, under saba gallery. it's always a surprise and treat to see a name from the past. when i interned at la times, ventura, you were there with denise, jesse, meg and chawkins, and i was the intern (from purdue and NJ) with the deer-in-the-headlines look on my face all day long. anyway, your work here is tremendous and provocative and painful, and i'll return to look at it again. I'm happy to have come across it. but i'm SO on deadline right now (i started a weekly newspaper in aspen with my husband and friends and now am the editor). so i need to get back to it. but i wanted to say "wow" and congratulations on this incredible work. Do you have other work out there to see -- galleries, books? i'm in love with black-and-white photography -- i try to make my own and also buy what i can afford and encourage all my photographer friends (one has his first piece in National Geographic this month -- peter mcbride, another talented young guy from aspen who wrote/shot for us for three years). anyway, i hope this finds you well.
donna j. dowling"
- donna j. dowling firstname.lastname@example.org editor , aspen, colorado
"CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE HOLLYWOOD PICTURES, IS A DIFERENT VIEW OF THE SAME THINGS THAT I EVER SAW."
- ROBERTO PEREZ ESCALANTE CHINGONMEX_2000@YAHOO.COM UNIVERSITY STUDENT , MERIDA;YUCATAN.MEXICO
"How can I get in touch with David Butow?"
- Ed Hille email@example.com Editor / Philadelphia Inquirer , Philadelphia , PA, USA
"I love the use of black and white in all the photos. I love the subjects and how they were produce to give a point and view of the less glossy. Would love to see more."
- Shelly Alexander NightLightPhoto@hotmail.com Cust Serv/Am Photographer , Seattle, WA, USA
"I was very impressed by your pictures. They are beautifully laid out! Nice work!"
- Kristin Haddock firstname.lastname@example.org Customer Service , Lakeland, FL
"Your pictures on Hollywood (Journal-E) are really good and seeing them was truly inspirational."
- Andrea Cairone email@example.com
"THIS NEEDS BETTER PICTURES OF HOLLYWOOD IT SELF BUT OTHER THEN THAT WE LIKE IT "
- SALLY AND JOE WWW.LICKIT.COM TABLE DANCERS , CALGARY USA
"Good page! I really enjoyed it! "
- Kristi Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org shop assistant , Cairns, Queensland, Australia
"David: I really enjoyed your serieso on Hollywood Blvd. Nice to know that photo journalism is alive and well. I've spent a few afternoons on the blvd. photographing homeless for my art work. Roger"
- roger marshutz email@example.com photographer , los angeles
"just wonderful; socially and visually. thanks."
- bill reid bflobil social worker , depew ny usa
"I want to be like like you when I grow up."
- Kevi firstname.lastname@example.org observer , Phila PA USA
"It gave me a rush deep inside my chest. It gave me inspiration and motivation to go and do what I want to with my photography. I want to get in contact with David Butow as a mentor for myself."
- Bianca Gomez email@example.com Photography Student , Miami, Fl., USA
"We cross by many of Hollywood's products. You have shown some of it's by-products. Oddly enough, they are people. Great job.
- Nelson Marques firstname.lastname@example.org Mechanical Engineering Ph.D. student , Lisbon, Portugal
"David--Your work is a pleasure. Some of the best, most intelligently drawn images I have seen on the internet. I have spent a considerable amount of time over the last 20 years photographing the peculiar vagaries of the California culture in the north and the south. Your work is very affirming. Thank you. All the Best
- Bill Mattick email@example.com Documentary Photographer/Fine Arts , El Sobrante, CA
"I really liked the essay on Hollywood. I would have liked to have seen a few more photos, though."
- Jonathan Meester firstname.lastname@example.org photojournalism